Job: Administrative Assistant at Chemonics International
Chemonics International is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Administrative Assistant who provides support to accomplish all administrative, reporting, contractual, financial and personnel responsibilities. The Administrative Assistant will ensure close functional collaboration with other stakeholders, partner staff and the HQ team to improve service delivery efficiency and accountability. The Administrative Assistant will report to and be supervised by the Operations and Finance Manager of FHM Engage Nigeria. The estimated start date for this full-time position is expected to be on/around December 1, 2022. The duty station is Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consultancy operating in over 80 countries, launching the USAID-funded Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Nigeria. As USAID’s flagship private sector health project, FHM Engage envisions a world in which health markets are responsive, equitable, resilient, and driven by consumer needs. To fulfill this vision, FHM Engage – led by Chemonics and its lead partners, co-technical lead Results for Development, Pathfinder and Zenysis – is catalyzing the adoption of new contextual pathways in healthcare market development by leveraging existing structures and offering strong behavioral, technical and managerial approaches.
While helping local market actors build on current government and donor investments, we also use systems thinking to understand the market system, identify root causes of market underperformance, and develop strategies and context-specific and locally-informed solutions to systematically change market environments and health markets. FHM Engage works in 7 intermediate result areas, namely: stewardship, health financing, rules and regulations, market intelligence, supply (services), supply (products) and demand . The initial geographic focus is the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Ebonyi. It is expected that other states will be scheduled in subsequent years.
- Assist program staff with arranging travel, visas, and hotel accommodation for all project-related travel
- Assist in the procurement of goods and services for the project; administer maintenance contracts as directed
- Ensure the operation of office equipment, including reviewing maintenance requirements, arranging for necessary repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment
- Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Assist in the processing of accounting transactions in accordance with general accounting principles and Chemonics policies
- Process purchase requests for goods and services and maintain the list of suppliers
- Provide any other administrative support such as filing, copying, shopping as assigned by management to ensure effective project support
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned and responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops and meetings
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting and finance
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, in particular MS Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills, work prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience with USAID or/and other international donor project funding and accounting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational skills and strong multitasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Must be authorized to work in Nigeria
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “the job title” in the subject line of [email protected] by October 17, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other factors not linked to merit.
Chemonics takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruitment Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You can access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/